At this point in preparations we were struggling. The weather had NOT been cooperating. It rained almost every day for a week at the time we were supposed to be getting the manure and lime spread, so we were already about a week behind. After going down the first row with the shaper, we ended up with a small pile, but nothing like the 12" mound we were envisioning at all. The pile was much wider and squared off at the top, and also not packed down at all. It turned out that the rototiller we used did not dig down far enough to bring up enough loose dirt to completely fill the bed shaper. The plates are not height adjustable, so we had to work with the 12" that we had.
We are Jerry and Holly McCabe, and we want to share our experiences (both the successes and the failures) as we learn the ins and outs of creating a lavender and honey farm. We are learning as we go. We have literally no experience with farming or raising bees, so it should prove interesting.